As a senior support worker your key responsibilities will be similar to a support worker, but with additional responsibilities. You will carry out specific duties assigned by the registered manager, including delegating duties to the support team. As well as having increased responsibility, you will support and assist support staff where required or work alone with the people we support. As a senior member of the team, you will promote good practice at all times and act as a positive role model.
- Provide support in a way that is respectful, promotes dignity and independence.
- Provide support in any location appropriate to meet the needs of the people we support.
- Communicating with the people you support using appropriate communication methods.
- Assisting with individuals’ care, including personal care.
- Participating in the development and implementation of support plans.
- Assisting the people we support with household activities.
- Ordering, receiving, storing and administering medication to the people you support.
- Participating, planning and running of the day-to-day events of the service.
- Recording and completing any appropriate documentation.
I love my job. You could be having a hard day and it takes one smile from the people we support that reminds me why I love doing what I do!
Supporting Lawrence to live his best life!
Lawrence has Cerebral Palsy and has spent most of his life in a wheelchair. Lawrence’s parents had a tour of The Grove Resource Centre and saw the fun activities they had in place.
As a support worker you get to help people live their best lives! The people we support have such fun passions and you can be a part of their amazing journey to live their dreams and create new life experiences!Read Story
Because you care, you can improve Miriam’s wellbeing
Miriam is a person we support at our day opportunities service, Grove Resource Centre in Surrey. She has complex needs and has spent most of her life in a wheelchair. Our Wellbeing Facilitator, helps Miriam and other people we support to feel relaxed and calm. Miriam is confident and vocal about what she enjoys and what she wants to do.Read Story
Fall in love with a career in care
Our teams are passionate about making a difference to the lives of the people we support. Many of our staff come from different walks of life and have ended up working in the care sector for years. Valery Farelley is a service manager at Voyage Care. When she started her career in care, she discovered all you need is love and passion to make a difference.Read Story