Field support supervisors are based in community teams. They are responsible for co-ordinating and providing support to people in their own homes or in our day opportunity services.
As a field support supervisor your role is to coordinate support, check support is correct and manage staff. You will need to ensure the people we support get the most out of the time they spend with us. You will assist support staff where required or work alone with the people we support. As a senior member of the team, you will promote good practice at all times and act as a positive role model.
This role would suit someone who has experience with supervising within the sector. Our training courses will help you with personal development, development of skills and abilities.
- Provide support in a way that is respectful, promotes dignity and independence.
- Provide support in any location appropriate to meet the needs of the people we support.
- Communicating with the people you support using appropriate communication methods.
- Assisting with individuals’ care, including personal care.
- Responsible for assessing new people we support and the development and implementation of support plans.
- Assisting the people we support with household activities.
- Recording and completing any appropriate documentation.
- Maintaining compliance and support of staff through co-ordination and completion of supervisions.
- As this role oversees support teams in several different services within a DCA or supported living service, travel will be required.
I love working for Voyage Care because they share the same vison and are dedicated in making the lives of the people we support such a positive ones. I believe I encourage my team to reach their potential, this could be learning opportunity’s and career expansion or giving support advice where needed.
I am always available allowing them to have trust in me knowing they have my support. This has a positive impact on the people we support and has been reflected in the huge decrease in challenges. I will continue to always treat my staff and the people we support with dignity and the respect they deserve.
Supporting Lawrence to live his best life!
Lawrence has Cerebral Palsy and has spent most of his life in a wheelchair. Lawrence’s parents had a tour of The Grove Resource Centre and saw the fun activities they had in place.
As a support worker you get to help people live their best lives! The people we support have such fun passions and you can be a part of their amazing journey to live their dreams and create new life experiences!Read Story
Amanda’s career journey in care
Amanda Griffiths began her career in care as a student nurse at the age of 18. It’s not a career that she had considered at that time. Due to the recession in the 80’s, she was looking for a job and was happy to take on any job. After a conversation with a friend, and a leap of faith, Amanda began her first shift as a young student nurse in December 1982.
Fast forward to today, over 30 years later, Amanda is the Quality Director at Voyage Care. We spoke to Amanda about her career in care.Read Story
Because you care, you can improve Miriam’s wellbeing
Miriam is a person we support at our day opportunities service, Grove Resource Centre in Surrey. She has complex needs and has spent most of her life in a wheelchair. Our Wellbeing Facilitator, helps Miriam and other people we support to feel relaxed and calm. Miriam is confident and vocal about what she enjoys and what she wants to do.Read Story