Care coordinators are responsible for management and coordination of the care delivery team. You will also be the first point of contact for day-to-day operational requirements. Working with the person-centred care plan, you will arrange activities and events. These activities and events help the people we support engage with the support team, other people we support and access the community. This is an important part of their development for independent living.
- Complete and maintain monthly schedules for your support packages in line with deadlines.
- System maintenance related to schedules and support packages ensuring hours and shift patterns are covered.
- Involvement in setting up of new support packages, including system set up and co-ordination of introduction meetings, initial rotas etc.
- Involvement in relevant meetings related to the people we support.
- Ensure scheduling of meetings, supervisions, appraisals and other events.
- General line management of your support delivery team.
- Supporting recruiters and the recruitment process.
Supporting Megan to be independent
Megan is autistic and can present with challenging behaviour. She first moved into Broadview, one of our residential care homes, in 2019. The service manager did a sensory assessment and an environmental assessment. This helped to understand Megan’s needs.Read Story
Fall in love with a career in care
Our teams are passionate about making a difference to the lives of the people we support. Many of our staff come from different walks of life and have ended up working in the care sector for years. Valery Farelley is a service manager at Voyage Care. When she started her career in care, she discovered all you need is love and passion to make a difference.Read Story
Supporting Lawrence to live his best life!
Lawrence has Cerebral Palsy and has spent most of his life in a wheelchair. Lawrence’s parents had a tour of The Grove Resource Centre and saw the fun activities they had in place.
As a support worker you get to help people live their best lives! The people we support have such fun passions and you can be a part of their amazing journey to live their dreams and create new life experiences!Read Story